The Province has released a list of essential workplaces considered “essential services” under the provincial shutdown that takes effect at 11:59 pm on Tuesday, March 24, and is expected to last for at least 14 days.
TRREB is reviewing the list and the implication for our industry and will share our analysis, including an FAQ for REALTORS® shortly.
Below are industries that impact our industry directly that have been considered essential:
Land registration services, and real estate agent services and moving services: This does not mean business as usual as we will have to adhere to the health advisories related to COVID-19 which means use of technology and remote work arrangements. Stay tuned for an FAQ shortly.
Institutional, Residential, Commercial and Industrial Maintenance
- Businesses that provide support and maintenance services, including urgent repair, to maintain the safety, security, sanitation and essential operation of institutional, commercial industrial and residential properties and buildings, including, property management services, plumbers, electricians, custodial/janitorial workers, cleaning services, , security services, fire safety and sprinkler systems, building systems maintenance and repair technicians and engineers, mechanics, (e.g. HVAC, escalator and elevator technicians), and other service providers who provide similar services.
- Construction work and services, including demolition services, in the industrial, commercial, institutional and residential sectors.
- Capital markets (e.g., the TSX);
- Banking & Activities related to Credit Intermediation; credit unions;
- Businesses that provide pension services and employee benefits services;
- Businesses that provide financial services including payment processing, the payroll division of any employer (as defined by the Employment Standards; and Act/Occupational Health and Safety Act), any entity whose operation is the administration of payroll, banks and credit unions.
Businesses that support the safe operations of residences and essential businesses.
Here’s the complete list: https://news.ontario.ca/opo/en/2020/03/list-of-essential-workplaces.html
The post Essential Workplaces Related To Real Estate Under Provincial Shutdown appeared first on TRREB Wire.
Courtesy of the Toronto Real Estate Board. TRREB Wire https://ift.tt/2UvklQ6